Life term to 16 cops in fake encounter case
Lucknow: A CBI court in Ghaziabad on Thursday
sentenced 16 policemen to life imprisonment and one to seven
years in jail in the fake encounter of alleged terrorist
Jaivinder Singh alias Jasana of Amritsar in the jungles of
Kashiwala in Bijnore district in 1992.
Pronouncing the judgement the court also slapped a fine
of Rs 5000 on each of the convicts, Home department sources
Though the accomplice of the alleged terrorist had
managed to escape, an AK-56 rifle and 14 cartridges and two
magazines had been recovered from his possession, they said.
Though the case was being investigated earlier by
the CB-CID, it was handed over to the CBI on March 24, 1993
which on finding the encounter as fake had filed a case
against the policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing