Life term to 16 cops in fake encounter case
Lucknow: A CBI court in Ghaziabad on Thursday
sentenced 16 policemen to life imprisonment and one to seven
years in jail in the fake encounter of alleged terrorist
Jaivinder Singh alias Jasana of Amritsar in the jungles of
Kashiwala in Bijnore district in 1992.
Pronouncing the judgement the court also slapped a fine
of Rs 5000 on each of the convicts, Home department sources
Though the accomplice of the alleged terrorist had
managed to escape, an AK-56 rifle and 14 cartridges and two
magazines had been recovered from his possession, they said.
Though the case was being investigated earlier by
the CB-CID, it was handed over to the CBI on March 24, 1993
which on finding the encounter as fake had filed a case
against the policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?