Life term to five men for gang-raping minor girl
Bulandshahr: A local court today sentenced five persons to life imprisonment for gang-raping a minor girl in 2012.
The court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Kamini Pathak held the five men guilty of raping the girl and then circulating an MMS of the act.
The girl, then a student of Class VIII, was on way to her school along with an acquaintance when some men stopped them. They tied up the man with a rope and then took turns to rape the girl, the counsel said.
Eight persons, including three juveniles, were held in connection with the case. The juveniles are being tried by a juvenile court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?