Life term to five men for gang-raping minor girl
Bulandshahr: A local court today sentenced five persons to life imprisonment for gang-raping a minor girl in 2012.
The court of Additional District and Sessions Judge Kamini Pathak held the five men guilty of raping the girl and then circulating an MMS of the act.
The girl, then a student of Class VIII, was on way to her school along with an acquaintance when some men stopped them. They tied up the man with a rope and then took turns to rape the girl, the counsel said.
Eight persons, including three juveniles, were held in connection with the case. The juveniles are being tried by a juvenile court here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video