Life threat from Jaiswal`s supporters: Social activists
Kanpur: A social activist, who filed an application in a court seeking registration of a criminal case against Sriprakash Jaiswal for his alleged sexist remarks, on friday claimed she was given life threat by supporters of the Union Coal Minister and sought security from the court.
Chief Metropolitan Magistrate directed activist Anita Dua to submit an affidavit in this regard tomorrow following which a decision will be taken, her lawyer Anand Jaiswal said here.
In her application, Dua said some unidentified persons yesterday threatened to take her life in the court premises if she did not take back the case against the Union Minister.
They claimed to be Jaiswal`s supporters, she said.
Dua had moved an application in the court to file a case under section 294 (obscene acts and songs) and 500 (punishment for defamation) of the IPC against Jaiswal.
Accepting her application, the court has called her on October 8 with supporting evidence.
Addressing a Kavi sammelan in Kanpur recently, when the news of India`s victory over Pakistan in a ICC World Twenty-20 match in Sri Lanka came in, Jaiswal had said, "Like an old victory, wives lose charm as time goes by."
Jaiswal, however, later claimed his comments were misconstrued and were being taken out of context and that he apologised if they have hurt the sentiments of women.
Outrage over the statements continued with protesters including women burning effigies of Jaiswal and raising slogans against him in his home town here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you