Life threat to former UP minister Ranganath Mishra: Family
Lucknow: There is a threat to life of former Uttar Pradesh minister Rangnath Mishra, lodged in jail in connection with a multi-crore scam, his family members alleged on Thursday.
"My father, lodged in Lucknow jail since February, has been shifted to Meerut jail today without any information to us," Rangnath`s son Gyan Mishra told reporters here.
He claimed that the threat was from an SP MLA.
"This (shifting) has been done at the behest of an SP MLA, who wants to kill him," Gyan alleged.
Jail superintendent, D R Maurya confirmed that Ranganath had been shifted to Meerut jail but declined to state the reason behind it.
Rangnath is in jail in connection with multi-crore scam in Labour and Construction Cooperative Federation (LACCFED) in previous BSP regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP