Life threat to former UP minister Ranganath Mishra: Family
Lucknow: There is a threat to life of former Uttar Pradesh minister Rangnath Mishra, lodged in jail in connection with a multi-crore scam, his family members alleged on Thursday.
"My father, lodged in Lucknow jail since February, has been shifted to Meerut jail today without any information to us," Rangnath`s son Gyan Mishra told reporters here.
He claimed that the threat was from an SP MLA.
"This (shifting) has been done at the behest of an SP MLA, who wants to kill him," Gyan alleged.
Jail superintendent, D R Maurya confirmed that Ranganath had been shifted to Meerut jail but declined to state the reason behind it.
Rangnath is in jail in connection with multi-crore scam in Labour and Construction Cooperative Federation (LACCFED) in previous BSP regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi