Life threat to former UP minister Ranganath Mishra: Family
Lucknow: There is a threat to life of former Uttar Pradesh minister Rangnath Mishra, lodged in jail in connection with a multi-crore scam, his family members alleged on Thursday.
"My father, lodged in Lucknow jail since February, has been shifted to Meerut jail today without any information to us," Rangnath`s son Gyan Mishra told reporters here.
He claimed that the threat was from an SP MLA.
"This (shifting) has been done at the behest of an SP MLA, who wants to kill him," Gyan alleged.
Jail superintendent, D R Maurya confirmed that Ranganath had been shifted to Meerut jail but declined to state the reason behind it.
Rangnath is in jail in connection with multi-crore scam in Labour and Construction Cooperative Federation (LACCFED) in previous BSP regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- US President Barack Obama pays tribute to slain British MP Jo Cox
- Major blow for Samajwadi Party as its general secretary joins BJP with 200 colleagues
- Truck set on fire by angry villagers after they saw blood spilling out of it, found 30 cows dead
- Want to book DDA community halls? Now, you can do it in 15 minutes - Know how
- Five dead, 20 injured as truck collides with tanker in UP's Lucknow - Know what happened