Life threat to former UP minister Ranganath Mishra: Family
Lucknow: There is a threat to life of former Uttar Pradesh minister Rangnath Mishra, lodged in jail in connection with a multi-crore scam, his family members alleged on Thursday.
"My father, lodged in Lucknow jail since February, has been shifted to Meerut jail today without any information to us," Rangnath`s son Gyan Mishra told reporters here.
He claimed that the threat was from an SP MLA.
"This (shifting) has been done at the behest of an SP MLA, who wants to kill him," Gyan alleged.
Jail superintendent, D R Maurya confirmed that Ranganath had been shifted to Meerut jail but declined to state the reason behind it.
Rangnath is in jail in connection with multi-crore scam in Labour and Construction Cooperative Federation (LACCFED) in previous BSP regime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray