Lifer sentenced for illegal arms possession
Muzaffarnagar: A man serving life term for murder was on Wednesday sentenced separately to three years imprisonment for illegal possession of arms.
Additional District Session Judge CB Shyam convicted Shayam Sunder under the Indian Arms Act and Indian Explosives Act for illegal possession of arms at the time of his arrest in 1993. The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 4,000 on him.
Sunder was arrested in 1993 in connection with a murder.
At the time of his arrest, police recovered a 12 bore gun, 10 cartridges and a hand grenade from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative
- Know how Karan Johar entertains ‘India's Got Talent’ co-judge Malaika Arora Khan
- CINTAA's joint secretary apologises to Rakhi Sawant, Dolly Bindra – Here’s why
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants Aamir, Salman, Shah Rukh Khan to support her
- Indian Naval Ships Veer, Nipat to be decommissioned today