Lifer sentenced for illegal arms possession
Muzaffarnagar: A man serving life term for murder was on Wednesday sentenced separately to three years imprisonment for illegal possession of arms.
Additional District Session Judge CB Shyam convicted Shayam Sunder under the Indian Arms Act and Indian Explosives Act for illegal possession of arms at the time of his arrest in 1993. The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 4,000 on him.
Sunder was arrested in 1993 in connection with a murder.
At the time of his arrest, police recovered a 12 bore gun, 10 cartridges and a hand grenade from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan