Lifer sentenced for illegal arms possession
Muzaffarnagar: A man serving life term for murder was on Wednesday sentenced separately to three years imprisonment for illegal possession of arms.
Additional District Session Judge CB Shyam convicted Shayam Sunder under the Indian Arms Act and Indian Explosives Act for illegal possession of arms at the time of his arrest in 1993. The judge also imposed a fine of Rs 4,000 on him.
Sunder was arrested in 1993 in connection with a murder.
At the time of his arrest, police recovered a 12 bore gun, 10 cartridges and a hand grenade from him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation