Light rainfall in UP; Ganga, Yamuna flowing near danger mark
Lucknow: Light to moderate rainfall occurred at isolated places over the state while the Ganga and Yamuna continued to be in spate in some parts of Uttar Pradesh.
Central Water Commission sources on Saturday said that Ganga was maintaining dangerous levels all along the route from Fatehgarh to Ballia either crossing the red mark or flowing close to it.
At Fatehgarh, Kannauj, Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur, Rae Bareli, Chatnag (Allahabad) and Mirzapur Ganga was flowing close to the red mark but has already crossed it in Phaphamau (Allahabad), Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, sources said.
Yamuna was flowing above the red mark at Hamirpur, Chilla Ghat (Banda) and Naini (Allahabad) while Sharda continued to flow above the red mark at Palia Kalan.
Meanwhile, Met office said that light to moderate rain and thundershowers occurred at isolated places over the state.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms are: Lalitpur-2, Mirzapur-2, Orai, Phoolpur and Baberu-1 each.
Met officials forecast that rain and thundershowers would occur at isolated places over the state and hinted at the likelihood of an increase in rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli
- Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders ''seemingly'' agree to a debate
- Taiwan angry over `emotional` female president comments
- Bankruptcy law credit positive for banks: Moody's