Light rainfall in UP; Ganga, Yamuna flowing near danger mark
Lucknow: Light to moderate rainfall occurred at isolated places over the state while the Ganga and Yamuna continued to be in spate in some parts of Uttar Pradesh.
Central Water Commission sources on Saturday said that Ganga was maintaining dangerous levels all along the route from Fatehgarh to Ballia either crossing the red mark or flowing close to it.
At Fatehgarh, Kannauj, Kanpur Dehat, Kanpur, Rae Bareli, Chatnag (Allahabad) and Mirzapur Ganga was flowing close to the red mark but has already crossed it in Phaphamau (Allahabad), Varanasi, Ghazipur and Ballia, sources said.
Yamuna was flowing above the red mark at Hamirpur, Chilla Ghat (Banda) and Naini (Allahabad) while Sharda continued to flow above the red mark at Palia Kalan.
Meanwhile, Met office said that light to moderate rain and thundershowers occurred at isolated places over the state.
Chief amount of rainfall recorded in cms are: Lalitpur-2, Mirzapur-2, Orai, Phoolpur and Baberu-1 each.
Met officials forecast that rain and thundershowers would occur at isolated places over the state and hinted at the likelihood of an increase in rainfall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus