Light rains lash west UP, east mainly dry
Lucknow: Light rains and thundershowers occurred at isolated places in western Uttar Pradesh but weather remained mainly dry over eastern parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
Kanpur city was the coldest place in the state recording minimum temperature of 6.6 degree Celsius, Met office sources said here.
Night temperatures rose markedly in Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, while they rose appreciably in Faizabad, Allahabad, Kanpur and Jhansi divisions, they said.
Minimum temperatures rose in Varanasi division and changed little elsewhere in the state, but they were markedly above normal in Bareilly, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions and appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Jhansi divisions and normal elsewhere.
Rain or thundershowers would occur at many places over western UP and at a few places in eastern part of the state, they said.
Hailstorm was likely at isolated places over western UP during the next 48 hrs, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons