Light rains lash west UP, east mainly dry
Lucknow: Light rains and thundershowers occurred at isolated places in western Uttar Pradesh but weather remained mainly dry over eastern parts of the state in the last 24 hours.
Kanpur city was the coldest place in the state recording minimum temperature of 6.6 degree Celsius, Met office sources said here.
Night temperatures rose markedly in Lucknow, Bareilly, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions, while they rose appreciably in Faizabad, Allahabad, Kanpur and Jhansi divisions, they said.
Minimum temperatures rose in Varanasi division and changed little elsewhere in the state, but they were markedly above normal in Bareilly, Moradabad, Agra and Meerut divisions and appreciably above normal in Faizabad, Kanpur, Lucknow, Jhansi divisions and normal elsewhere.
Rain or thundershowers would occur at many places over western UP and at a few places in eastern part of the state, they said.
Hailstorm was likely at isolated places over western UP during the next 48 hrs, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India
- Hafiz Saeed is overseeing attacks by ISIS fighters in Afghanistan?
- Blackbuck poaching case: Rajasthan government may appeal against Salman Khan's acquittal
- 'Michael Jackson died a vulnerable man'
- Kunis, Kutcher bought wedding rings on e-commerce site