Light to moderate rains in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Light to moderate rains were witnessed at isolated locations in Uttar Pradesh even as rivers Sharda and Quano continued to flow above the red mark at a couple of places.
Ganga river was still flowing close to the danger mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia, Central Water Commission sources said.
Sharda river continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) and was rising while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Quano was flowing above the danger mark at Chandradeep Ghat (Gonda) and Mukhlispur (Sant Kabirnagar) but has receded in Basti.
Rains lashed Salempur and Katarinyaghat, MeT office sources said.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at one or two places over the state in the next 24 hours, they said, adding increase in rainfall was likely in near future.
- Kangana Ranaut breaks her silence on ‘black magic’ allegations
- Pakistan Army chief General Raheel Sharif approves death sentences of 11 terrorists
- Rajya Sabha ethics panel recommends expulsion of Vijay Mallya with immediate effect
- 2,200 SBI PO jobs offered: Apply by May 24
- Controversies, legal battle – What are they? Kangana Ranaut at her happiest best – See pics