Light to moderate rains in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Light to moderate rains were witnessed at isolated locations in Uttar Pradesh even as rivers Sharda and Quano continued to flow above the red mark at a couple of places.
Ganga river was still flowing close to the danger mark at Fatehgarh and Ballia, Central Water Commission sources said.
Sharda river continued to flow above the danger mark at Palia Kalan (Kheri) and was rising while Ghaghra was flowing close to the red mark at Elgin bridge, Ayodhya and Turtipar.
Quano was flowing above the danger mark at Chandradeep Ghat (Gonda) and Mukhlispur (Sant Kabirnagar) but has receded in Basti.
Rains lashed Salempur and Katarinyaghat, MeT office sources said.
Rain and thundershowers would occur at one or two places over the state in the next 24 hours, they said, adding increase in rainfall was likely in near future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Market tries to recover from Brexit blow, Sensex up 122 points
- Volkswagen agrees to $14.7 billion payout in US emissions probe
- Surprising! Kumar Sangakkara picks Rahul Dravid over Sachin Tendulkar in his All-Time XI
- Travel diaries: Bipasha Basu, hubby Karan Singh Grover are now holidaying in Barcelona
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin files petition in Bihar court, claims threat to his life from state govt