Lightning claims two lives in UP
Lalitpur: A father-daughter duo were killed after being struck by lightning in Paron village of the district, police said Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when Khemchandra (30), his daughter Deepa (8) and son Surendra (10) were standing under a tree due to heavy rainfall and lightning struck them, they said.
While Khemchandra and Deepa died on the spot, Surendra was rushed to a hospital where his condition was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know