Lightning claims two lives in UP
Lalitpur: A father-daughter duo were killed after being struck by lightning in Paron village of the district, police said Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when Khemchandra (30), his daughter Deepa (8) and son Surendra (10) were standing under a tree due to heavy rainfall and lightning struck them, they said.
While Khemchandra and Deepa died on the spot, Surendra was rushed to a hospital where his condition was stated to be stable.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves