Lineman electrocuted; protesters pelt stones

A lineman was electrocuted when his colleagues accidentally started the power supply as he was working.

Muzaffarnagar: A lineman was electrocuted when his colleagues accidentally started the power supply as he was working, following which angry locals tried to set a power house on fire and pelted stones, police said on Saturday.

"Wasim, a lineman, was electrocuted when he came in contact with a high tension wire. The incident took place when supply of power was started when the employee was working," police said.
Protesting against negligence of the department, some people started pelting stones that damaged vehicles and tried to set the power house on fire, they said.
"An inquiry has been ordered into the incident," DK Tyagi, executive engineer of the powerhouse said.

PTI

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close