LIU report says Durga Shakti Nagpal not present at demolition spot
Lucknow: A Local Intelligence Unit (LIU) report sent to Uttar Pradesh government has claimed that the wall of an under-construction mosque was demolished in Gautam Budh Nagar in the presence of Circle officer/SDM Jewar and that the suspended IAS officer was not present at the spot.
Durga Shakti Nagpal, the 28-year-old SDM of GB Nagar, who led the crackdown on sand mining mafia in her district, was suspended on July 27 ostensibly for ordering the demolition of the wall allegedly without following the due process.
As per the LIU report, which did not state name of any officer, SDM (Jewar) was present at the spot and not SDM (Sadar), the post held by Nagpal. Both Jewar and Sadar fall under GB Nagar.
The District Magistrate, GB Nagar has already stated in his report to the state government that Nagpal had not got the wall of any religious place demolished.
The report, which is in possession of a news agency, said that on July 27 members of the Muslim community were getting a new mosque constructed in Kadalpur village in Raghupura area of GB Nagar.
"The SDM (Jewar) alongwith Circle officer and SHO, Raghupura team reached the village at about 1 pm and got the wall, which is of about 10 feet height and constructed from three sides, demolished", the LIU report said.
"The administration is saying that the action has been taken as no permission has been sought for construction of the mosque", the report said.
Jewar (GB Nagar) Bachhu Singh told a news agency over phone that the said village does not lie in his area.
"I don’t know how the report mentioned presence of SDM, (Jewar) at the spot," Singh said.
The LIU had sent its report to the DIG, Intelligence and it was forwarded to DGP and Home department at about 5.10 pm on July 27 itself apprising them of the real situation in the village.
On the same day, Nagpal was suspended by the Akhilesh Yadav government citing her lack of forsightedness in demolishing the wall of the religious place.
"The villagers are holding a panchayat to decide their future course of action due to which police arrangement appears necessary in the village", the report added.
Opposition parties have alleged that Nagpal was suspended following pressure from the sand mining mafia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- Here’s how you can make sex steamy, longer!