Local BJP leader murdered
Bahraich (UP): A local BJP leader was killed allegedly by an advocate and his aides due to old enmity, police said here on Wednesday.
The body of 65-year-old Rajendra Mishra, who was a member of the district committee, was found in front of the Rupadeeha Police Station on the Indo-Nepal border yesterday, they said.
Mishra`s brother has lodged an FIR against an advocate, his brother and a woman accusing them of poisoning the BJP leader.
In the post-mortem report, suspicion of poison had been expressed, police said.
Mishra had an old enmity with the advocate and was also a witness against the latter and others in a murder case, they said.
Police said the woman had earlier lodged a case of sexual molestation against Mishra.
Meanwhile, BJP district president Gulab Chandra Shukla and city unit in-charge Jai Prakash Awasthi have threatened to launch an agitation if the accused are not arrested in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!