Local BJP leader murdered
Bahraich (UP): A local BJP leader was killed allegedly by an advocate and his aides due to old enmity, police said here on Wednesday.
The body of 65-year-old Rajendra Mishra, who was a member of the district committee, was found in front of the Rupadeeha Police Station on the Indo-Nepal border yesterday, they said.
Mishra`s brother has lodged an FIR against an advocate, his brother and a woman accusing them of poisoning the BJP leader.
In the post-mortem report, suspicion of poison had been expressed, police said.
Mishra had an old enmity with the advocate and was also a witness against the latter and others in a murder case, they said.
Police said the woman had earlier lodged a case of sexual molestation against Mishra.
Meanwhile, BJP district president Gulab Chandra Shukla and city unit in-charge Jai Prakash Awasthi have threatened to launch an agitation if the accused are not arrested in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt