Local BJP leader murdered
Bahraich (UP): A local BJP leader was killed allegedly by an advocate and his aides due to old enmity, police said here on Wednesday.
The body of 65-year-old Rajendra Mishra, who was a member of the district committee, was found in front of the Rupadeeha Police Station on the Indo-Nepal border yesterday, they said.
Mishra`s brother has lodged an FIR against an advocate, his brother and a woman accusing them of poisoning the BJP leader.
In the post-mortem report, suspicion of poison had been expressed, police said.
Mishra had an old enmity with the advocate and was also a witness against the latter and others in a murder case, they said.
Police said the woman had earlier lodged a case of sexual molestation against Mishra.
Meanwhile, BJP district president Gulab Chandra Shukla and city unit in-charge Jai Prakash Awasthi have threatened to launch an agitation if the accused are not arrested in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3