Local BJP leader murdered
Bahraich (UP): A local BJP leader was killed allegedly by an advocate and his aides due to old enmity, police said here on Wednesday.
The body of 65-year-old Rajendra Mishra, who was a member of the district committee, was found in front of the Rupadeeha Police Station on the Indo-Nepal border yesterday, they said.
Mishra`s brother has lodged an FIR against an advocate, his brother and a woman accusing them of poisoning the BJP leader.
In the post-mortem report, suspicion of poison had been expressed, police said.
Mishra had an old enmity with the advocate and was also a witness against the latter and others in a murder case, they said.
Police said the woman had earlier lodged a case of sexual molestation against Mishra.
Meanwhile, BJP district president Gulab Chandra Shukla and city unit in-charge Jai Prakash Awasthi have threatened to launch an agitation if the accused are not arrested in two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?