Local BSP leader shot dead in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A local BSP leader and chairman of sugarcane society of Shamli town has been shot dead at his office in Prabudh Nagar district, police said on Tuesday.
Dharmender Nirwal (36) was shot dead yesterday.
Personal enmity is being speculated as the motive behind the killing, police said.
A case has been registered against his cousin Pravinder and some others in this connection, they said, adding that the accused are absconding.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- India Red vs India Green: Bowlers dominate first day of Duleep Trophy tie
- Hillary Clinton holds lead over Donald Trump, but trails him among white voters: poll
- Sensitive data on India's Scorpene submarines leaked
- Second US service member killed in Afghanistan in 2016
- 8 out of 10 French do not want Nicolas Sarkozy back