Local BSP worker shot dead
Pratapgarh: A local BSP worker was shot dead by two unidentified persons on a highway here, police said Friday.
Ashok Maurya (45), former chairman of the Pratapgarh Nagar Panchayat, was shot on Pratapgarh-Lucknow Highway in City Kotwali police station area while he along with his son and one other person was returning home on a motorcycle from a marriage ceremony, police said.
When they reached near a petrol pump, two motorcycle-borne persons stopped them and fired at them, killing Maurya.
His son escaped unhurt, but the other person was also injured in the firing, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics?
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part II
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part III
- Till when will Kerala suffer violence in the name of politics? - Part IV
- Why is Mehbooba Mufti attacking Hindu beliefs for votes?
- Shocking! Huge fire engulfs two coaches of Jaisalmer-Delhi Intercity Express
- Huma Qureshi-Vidyut Jammwal's Gold Glare Selfie! See pic
- Arvind Kejriwal wishes his once arch political rival Kiran Bedi on her elevation as Puducherry Guv
- I see an outset of a footballing atmosphere in India: Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Two lions killed as man jumps into enclosure in attempt to commit suicide - Watch video