Local SP leader gunned down in Moradabad
Moradabad (UP): A district Samajwadi Party leader and editor of a local daily was shot dead by some unidentified persons while returning to his house, police said today.
Former city president Nasir Qureishi (50) was gunned down by unidentified persons near S Kumar chowk area while returning home late last night after visiting some friends, they said.
Nasir was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead.
"Prima facie, it is a case of personal enmity. Any other cause behind the murder cannot be ruled out," SSP Sunil Gupta said, adding that three teams have been constituted to probe the matter.
Meanwhile, police has been deployed near the house of the deceased house to avert any untoward law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- David Cameron's successor - Britain's next Prime Minister: Who, how and when?
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics