Local SP leader gunned down in Moradabad
Moradabad (UP): A district Samajwadi Party leader and editor of a local daily was shot dead by some unidentified persons while returning to his house, police said today.
Former city president Nasir Qureishi (50) was gunned down by unidentified persons near S Kumar chowk area while returning home late last night after visiting some friends, they said.
Nasir was rushed to a nearby hospital where he was declared dead.
"Prima facie, it is a case of personal enmity. Any other cause behind the murder cannot be ruled out," SSP Sunil Gupta said, adding that three teams have been constituted to probe the matter.
Meanwhile, police has been deployed near the house of the deceased house to avert any untoward law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog