Local SP leader murdered, supporters go on rampage
Mirzapur: A local Samajwadi Party leader was today allegedly killed by unidentified persons in Jigna area of Mirzapur district, leading to which his supporters went on rampage and damaged buses.
Body of Baleshwar Bind (37) was found in bushes this morning, police said, adding that he was murdered with sharp-edged weapon.
Bind, who was party`s vice-president of Chanabe Assembly seat, left his residence at Bachera Kalan village this morning and hours later he was found murdered.
Agitated over the incident, villagers blocked Allahabad-Mirzapur road and set ablaze two roadways buses and pelted stones on another, police said.
Senior officials have reached the spot and situation was under control, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3