Local SP leader murdered, supporters go on rampage
Mirzapur: A local Samajwadi Party leader was today allegedly killed by unidentified persons in Jigna area of Mirzapur district, leading to which his supporters went on rampage and damaged buses.
Body of Baleshwar Bind (37) was found in bushes this morning, police said, adding that he was murdered with sharp-edged weapon.
Bind, who was party`s vice-president of Chanabe Assembly seat, left his residence at Bachera Kalan village this morning and hours later he was found murdered.
Agitated over the incident, villagers blocked Allahabad-Mirzapur road and set ablaze two roadways buses and pelted stones on another, police said.
Senior officials have reached the spot and situation was under control, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion