Locked by mother, mentally-challenged boy freed
Bijnor: After spending five days in a locked house, a 10-year-old mentally-challenged boy was on Thursday freed after the intervention of his neighbours.
Neighbours of the boy, Pulli, called police after he was seen shouting for food from a window of the house in Kashiram Colony area here.
His mother, who had married again after the death of Pulli`s father, had left for Delhi with her second husband after locking the boy inside, police said.
The police today broke open the door and freed Pulli.
According to neighbours, the house was locked for last five days and the child`s mother, Nasreen, went to Delhi with her husband.
The police has handed over the custody of the child to his step-grandmother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply