Locked by mother, mentally-challenged boy freed
Bijnor: After spending five days in a locked house, a 10-year-old mentally-challenged boy was on Thursday freed after the intervention of his neighbours.
Neighbours of the boy, Pulli, called police after he was seen shouting for food from a window of the house in Kashiram Colony area here.
His mother, who had married again after the death of Pulli`s father, had left for Delhi with her second husband after locking the boy inside, police said.
The police today broke open the door and freed Pulli.
According to neighbours, the house was locked for last five days and the child`s mother, Nasreen, went to Delhi with her husband.
The police has handed over the custody of the child to his step-grandmother.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000