Lok Adalats: Saving time, money
Agra: Lok Adalats held periodically in the districts have emerged as a viable option for providing speedy relief to victims in family-related disputes and other minor legal hassles, Agra district judge Shashi Kant said Sunday.
The judge was presiding over a symposium on legal literacy and awareness, at the Agra civil court complex here. He said litigants save time and money when they take the Lok Adalat route.
Shashi Kant also felicitated four young couples whose problems were settled at the Lok Adalat.
The UCO bank sorted out disputes worth Rs.6 crore through the Lok Adalat, and recovered Rs.2 crore.
There are 25 para-legal volunteers working in each tehsil of Agra. In 2013 alone, 150 family disputes were resolved through this mechanism.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!