Lok Dal leader shot dead in Baghpat, UP
Baghpat: Lok Dal leader and Khekda panchayat chairman, Harinder Singh Dham, was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in his office here. A director engineer, Vedprakash, was also injured in the attack.
Dham was holding a meeting with Vedprakash in his office when three unidentified assailants entered his office and started firing causing panic and stampede like situation in the building.
The attackers then stormed out of the building firing in the air.
Later, when people entered Dham’s office they found him lying in a pool of blood while Vedprakash was also injured. Dham was declared dead while Vedprakash was referred to Delhi for medical treatment.
Police have registered a case in the incident and formed several teams to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof