Lok Sabha polls to see direct contest between SP, BJP in UP: Mulayam
Etawah: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said the next Lok Sabha election would be a direct fight between SP and BJP in Uttar Pradesh, and he would not let the saffron outfit succeed.
"SP is being attacked from all quarters in the state. It can`t be understood whether their contest is with (Narendra) Modi or Mulayam Singh Yadav," the SP supremo said at the inauguration of `Sefai Mahotsava` at his native village.
He said that in Uttar Pradesh, the SP`s contest was with BJP`s prime ministerial hopeful Modi, and that his party would strongly oppose him (Modi).
He alleged that all sections of the society, including farmers and youths, were facing problems due to the wrong policies of the Congress-led central government. Yadav said that the SP government in the state was the first in country to fulfil all the promises made in its manifesto.
Speaking on the occasion, SP national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav advised Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to rein in the goons. He said the party in its manifesto had promised that the common people would be able to walk freely, but the situation was not so.
He said irrespective of good governance and welfare schemes, if common men live in fear they would vote out the ruling party. Therefore it was necessary to rein in hooliganism, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi