Lok Sabha polls to see direct contest between SP, BJP in UP: Mulayam
Etawah: Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav on Thursday said the next Lok Sabha election would be a direct fight between SP and BJP in Uttar Pradesh, and he would not let the saffron outfit succeed.
"SP is being attacked from all quarters in the state. It can`t be understood whether their contest is with (Narendra) Modi or Mulayam Singh Yadav," the SP supremo said at the inauguration of `Sefai Mahotsava` at his native village.
He said that in Uttar Pradesh, the SP`s contest was with BJP`s prime ministerial hopeful Modi, and that his party would strongly oppose him (Modi).
He alleged that all sections of the society, including farmers and youths, were facing problems due to the wrong policies of the Congress-led central government. Yadav said that the SP government in the state was the first in country to fulfil all the promises made in its manifesto.
Speaking on the occasion, SP national general secretary Ram Gopal Yadav advised Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to rein in the goons. He said the party in its manifesto had promised that the common people would be able to walk freely, but the situation was not so.
He said irrespective of good governance and welfare schemes, if common men live in fear they would vote out the ruling party. Therefore it was necessary to rein in hooliganism, he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed