Lokayukta issues notice to UP minister
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta has issued notice to state Transport Minister Ram Acahl Rajbhar on charges of having disproportionate assets.
Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra has directed Rajbhar to file a reply within 14 days on a complaint lodged against him, official sources said here.
The inquiry has been initiated on a complaint lodged by Anand Kumar Dwiwedi, a native of Ambedkar Nagar district, who has accused the minister of acquiring assets in the name of his relatives and beyond the known sources of his income.
The complainant has submitted a list of such properties before the Lokayukta along with his complaint, the sources said.
The Lokayukta has informed Chief Minister Mayawati about the inquiry against the minister and sought a report from Ambedkar Nagar district administration in this regard.
Four ministers Rajesh Tripathi, Awadhpal Singh, Rangnath Mishra and Badshah Singh have already been removed on the basis of the Lokayukta`s report.
Meanwhile, the Lokayukta has closed inquiry against four legislators, including three of ruling BSP and one of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell
- Hello hotness! Deepika Padukone looks kickass in an all blue satin grace!
- Salman Khan ‘raped woman’ remark controversy: Actor evades media, refuses to say ‘sorry’ – Watch
- Amazing! Ahmedabad hotel made out of discarded containers set to woo customers