Lokayukta issues notice to UP minister
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta has issued notice to state Transport Minister Ram Acahl Rajbhar on charges of having disproportionate assets.
Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra has directed Rajbhar to file a reply within 14 days on a complaint lodged against him, official sources said here.
The inquiry has been initiated on a complaint lodged by Anand Kumar Dwiwedi, a native of Ambedkar Nagar district, who has accused the minister of acquiring assets in the name of his relatives and beyond the known sources of his income.
The complainant has submitted a list of such properties before the Lokayukta along with his complaint, the sources said.
The Lokayukta has informed Chief Minister Mayawati about the inquiry against the minister and sought a report from Ambedkar Nagar district administration in this regard.
Four ministers Rajesh Tripathi, Awadhpal Singh, Rangnath Mishra and Badshah Singh have already been removed on the basis of the Lokayukta`s report.
Meanwhile, the Lokayukta has closed inquiry against four legislators, including three of ruling BSP and one of BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP