Lokayukta recommends probe against UP BSP chief
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta on Thursday asked the state government to lodge an FIR against Ram Achal Rajbhar, who was a minister in previous Mayawati regime, and also recommended a CBI or Vigilance probe against him.
UP Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra gave the recommendation on a complaint lodged by one Anand Kumar Dwivedi.
Mehrotra said that an FIR should be registered against the Minister under Anti Corruption Act, on charges of disproportinate assets and money laundering, sources said.
"I have send my report on a complaint against former transport minister Ram Achal Rajbhar to the Chief Minister," Lokayukta told PTI.
Rajbhar is currently the state president of Bahujan Samaj Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan