Lokayukta recommends probe against UP BSP chief
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta on Thursday asked the state government to lodge an FIR against Ram Achal Rajbhar, who was a minister in previous Mayawati regime, and also recommended a CBI or Vigilance probe against him.
UP Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra gave the recommendation on a complaint lodged by one Anand Kumar Dwivedi.
Mehrotra said that an FIR should be registered against the Minister under Anti Corruption Act, on charges of disproportinate assets and money laundering, sources said.
"I have send my report on a complaint against former transport minister Ram Achal Rajbhar to the Chief Minister," Lokayukta told PTI.
Rajbhar is currently the state president of Bahujan Samaj Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Lionel Messi retirement: Argentine president, Diego Maradona ask him not to quit
- Global stocks extend losses, sterling near 30-year lows in Brexit aftermath
- Gunbattle breaks out between security forces, militants in J&K's Kupwara
- American Senator wants US to stop issuing visas to Indians
- Kareena Kapoor Khan looks unapologetically sexy on the cover of Vogue India – See pic