Lokayukta recommends probe against UP BSP chief
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta on Thursday asked the state government to lodge an FIR against Ram Achal Rajbhar, who was a minister in previous Mayawati regime, and also recommended a CBI or Vigilance probe against him.
UP Lokayukta Justice N K Mehrotra gave the recommendation on a complaint lodged by one Anand Kumar Dwivedi.
Mehrotra said that an FIR should be registered against the Minister under Anti Corruption Act, on charges of disproportinate assets and money laundering, sources said.
"I have send my report on a complaint against former transport minister Ram Achal Rajbhar to the Chief Minister," Lokayukta told PTI.
Rajbhar is currently the state president of Bahujan Samaj Party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption