Lokayukta recommends sacking of UP minister
Lucknow: Acting tough on corruption charges
against a BSP minister, the Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice N
K Mehrotra on Tuesday recommended his removal from the ministry and
lodging of a case against him under the Anti-Corruption Act.
The Lokayukta after inquiry and evaluating the reply of
Minister of State for Animal Husbandry Awadhpal Singh has sent
the report to Chief Minister Mayawati recommending his removal
from the ministry, Mehrotra said here.
Besides, the Lokayukta has also recommended lodging of a
case against the minister under provisions of Anti-Corruption
and Abolition of Zamidari and Land reforms Act, he said.
Taking a strong view of a number of cases being filed
against Singh ever since he became minister in 2007, the
Lokayukta has also recommended that all such cases be handed
over to an independent agency, like the CB-CID for a thorough
In his report, the Lokayukta has cited police inaction on
evidence provided against the minister in a triple murder case
in Etah and blamed the SSP of not providing adequate
information to him on the cases lodged against Singh.
The ombudsman also recommended the transfer of the
present SSP, Circle Officer of Aliganj as well as incharges of
two police stations besides disciplinary action against the
The case refers to the killing of a person named Vijay
Verma, his son Abhinav and their gunner Santosh Yadav in
Jaithra in Etah district on June 10.
The Lokayukta also recommended transfer of district
magistrate for failing to restore the gram sabha land, despite
information that it has been wrongly lodged in the names of
the family members of the minister, and action against two
private PROs of the minister.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference