Lokayukta summons UP minister, three SP legislators
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra has issued summons to four legislators of the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP), including a state minister, with regard to allottment of work to a defunct non-government organisation.
According to information available, the Lokayukta has asked the Minister of State for Agriculture Manoj Kumar Pandey to present himself before it June 10, and explain why work was allotted to an NGO from his legislator`s fund when the NGO ceased to exist in 2011.
Notices have also been issued to SP legislators Ram Lal Akela, Devendra Pratap Singh and Surendra Vikram Singh.
This is the first time that members of the ruling dispensation have come under the radar of the Lokayukta. In his previous tenure, the ombundsman had given adverse reports on many ministers of the Mayawati government, after which the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo was forced to sack several ministers.
The Lokayukta said Wednesday that the papers pertaining to giving away work to the State Construction and Development Federation (SCDF) had been put under scrutiny and a decision to summon the SP legislators for questioning have been sent after that.
While Agriculture Minister Manoj Kumar Pandey and SP legislator Ram Lal Akela have been asked to present themselves before the Lokayukta June 10, the other two, Surendra Vikram Singh and Devendra Pratap Singh, have been sent summons for June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Google pays musical tribute to Bollywood legend RD Burman on his 77th birth anniversary! - See pic
- British EU vote unnerves world leaders and markets
- Copa America final: Chile beat Argentina 4-2 to win title after Lionel Messi misses penalty kick
- Nargis Fakhri looks smoking hot in this outfit with plunging neckline – See Pics
- BJP leader Yashwant Sinha criticises Modi government on NSG fiasco