Lokayukta summons UP minister, three SP legislators
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Lokayukta Justice NK Mehrotra has issued summons to four legislators of the ruling Samajwadi Party (SP), including a state minister, with regard to allottment of work to a defunct non-government organisation.
According to information available, the Lokayukta has asked the Minister of State for Agriculture Manoj Kumar Pandey to present himself before it June 10, and explain why work was allotted to an NGO from his legislator`s fund when the NGO ceased to exist in 2011.
Notices have also been issued to SP legislators Ram Lal Akela, Devendra Pratap Singh and Surendra Vikram Singh.
This is the first time that members of the ruling dispensation have come under the radar of the Lokayukta. In his previous tenure, the ombundsman had given adverse reports on many ministers of the Mayawati government, after which the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) supremo was forced to sack several ministers.
The Lokayukta said Wednesday that the papers pertaining to giving away work to the State Construction and Development Federation (SCDF) had been put under scrutiny and a decision to summon the SP legislators for questioning have been sent after that.
While Agriculture Minister Manoj Kumar Pandey and SP legislator Ram Lal Akela have been asked to present themselves before the Lokayukta June 10, the other two, Surendra Vikram Singh and Devendra Pratap Singh, have been sent summons for June 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row