Lord Krishna`s birthplace now polythene-free
Mathura: Amid a drive to make river Yamuna
pollution free in the holy city, a trust on Saturday claimed it had
made Lord Krishna`s birthplace free of polythene bags.
The Lord`s birthplace had been completely rid of bags
made of polythene, the Shri Krishna Janmasthan Seva Sansthan
Trust`s secretary Kapil Sharma and member Gopeshwar
Nath Chaturvedi said all temples in the vicinity of Krishna`s
birthplace had been made polythene-free.
Only environment-friendly products would be used from
today for worship purposes, they said.
A ban on selling products in polythene has also been
enforced in the city from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley