Lord Krishna`s birthplace now polythene-free
Mathura: Amid a drive to make river Yamuna
pollution free in the holy city, a trust on Saturday claimed it had
made Lord Krishna`s birthplace free of polythene bags.
The Lord`s birthplace had been completely rid of bags
made of polythene, the Shri Krishna Janmasthan Seva Sansthan
Trust`s secretary Kapil Sharma and member Gopeshwar
Nath Chaturvedi said all temples in the vicinity of Krishna`s
birthplace had been made polythene-free.
Only environment-friendly products would be used from
today for worship purposes, they said.
A ban on selling products in polythene has also been
enforced in the city from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured