Lord Krishna`s birthplace now polythene-free
Mathura: Amid a drive to make river Yamuna
pollution free in the holy city, a trust on Saturday claimed it had
made Lord Krishna`s birthplace free of polythene bags.
The Lord`s birthplace had been completely rid of bags
made of polythene, the Shri Krishna Janmasthan Seva Sansthan
Trust`s secretary Kapil Sharma and member Gopeshwar
Nath Chaturvedi said all temples in the vicinity of Krishna`s
birthplace had been made polythene-free.
Only environment-friendly products would be used from
today for worship purposes, they said.
A ban on selling products in polythene has also been
enforced in the city from today.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai