LS polls: 5,017 hamlets identified as `vulnerable` in UP
Lucknow: As many as 5,017 hamlets have so far been identified as "vulnerable" in Uttar Pradesh in view of the upcoming Lok Sabha elections.
Home Department sources today disclosed the figure and said identification of "vulnerable" areas was still on.
As many as 1,106 illegal firearms, 2,603 cartridges, 189 kg explosives and 106 country-made bombs have so far been seized from across the state, the sources said.
A total of 61,028 licenced firearms have been deposited to the authorities ahead of the polls.
About 2.11 lakh people with past records have been asked by the authority to report to the concerned police administration till the poll process is over, and non-bailable warrants (NBWs) have been served upon 8,000 persons, the sources said, adding that the exercise was continuing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in 94 seats, BJP ahead in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: Mumbai Congress chief Sanjay Nirupam offers resignation; Shiv Sena ahead in BMC polls
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race