LS speaker Meira Kumar to visit Vrindaban widows
Mathura: Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar will visit Vrindaban to see the welfare schemes run by Sulabh International for betterment of widows here, organisation`s founder Dr Bindeswar Pathak said on Wednesday.
"Impressed by the service imparted by our organisation to widows of Vrindaban, Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar has expressed her desire to visit Vrindaban and personally see the work of our organisation which is committed to ensuring that these widows lead a respectable life," he said.
The date of the visit of Lok Sabha Speaker would be finalised shortly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed