Lucknow: 2 policemen booked for beating mill owner to death
Lucknow: Two police constables in Balrampur district of Uttar Pradesh have been booked for beating a saw mill owner to death after he refused to pay them money, officials said on Saturday.
Sabir, 38, was assaulted by cops on Wednesday after he refused to pay them money. The cops later forcibly took Sabir along with them. His body was then found on Thursday in the Madhpur area in Balrampur, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"On the basis of preliminary investigations, we have registered a case against the two policemen. While one has been identified by the victim`s family as constable Munni Lal, the other constable remains yet unidentified," inspector AK Singh told reporters on Saturday in Balrampur.
The case was lodged late Friday at the Utraula police station after the post-mortem report of the victim confirmed he died of physical torture.
"We are trying to identify the other constable involved, and will arrest both culprits soon," added Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan