Lucknow: 2 policemen booked for beating mill owner to death
Lucknow: Two police constables in Balrampur district of Uttar Pradesh have been booked for beating a saw mill owner to death after he refused to pay them money, officials said on Saturday.
Sabir, 38, was assaulted by cops on Wednesday after he refused to pay them money. The cops later forcibly took Sabir along with them. His body was then found on Thursday in the Madhpur area in Balrampur, some 300 km from Lucknow.
"On the basis of preliminary investigations, we have registered a case against the two policemen. While one has been identified by the victim`s family as constable Munni Lal, the other constable remains yet unidentified," inspector AK Singh told reporters on Saturday in Balrampur.
The case was lodged late Friday at the Utraula police station after the post-mortem report of the victim confirmed he died of physical torture.
"We are trying to identify the other constable involved, and will arrest both culprits soon," added Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB