Lucknow-Delhi highway flooded near Moradabad
Bareilly: A stretch of the Lucknow-Delhi National Highway has been closed for traffic after it was flooded near Moradabad district due to release of water from three dams which also left 50 villages inundated.
Heavy rains in the last two days in Uttar Pradesh have also left six persons dead, official sources said here.
Traffic movement on a stretch of the National Highway Number 24 connecting Delhi with Lucknow was suspended late last night after it was flooded by water from Koshi and Ram Ganga river, they said.
"The flood situation aggravated after more than one lakh cusec from Kalagarh dam and 70,000 cusec from Dhaura, Behgul, Nanak Sagar dams in Ramganga river was released
affecting more than 50 villages in Bareilly, Moradabad and Rampur districts," the sources said.
Suspension of vehicular movement has led to massive traffic jam on the route and flood situation was posing threat to the railway line as well, they said.
In Bareilly where Ramganga was flowing above the danger mark, Army has been called for rescue and relief operations, they said, adding an alert has been sounded by the
Sources said that six deaths were reported in rain related incidents in Bareilly, Moradabad, Pilibhit and Rampur districts.
District Magistrate, Bareilly, Anil Garg said that a close vigil was being maintained in flood-hit areas and affected people were being relocated to safe places.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part III
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part IV
- Amitabh Bachchan proud of hosting girl child segment at government's gala
- LGBT community won't be free till section 377 exists: Celina Jaitley
- Premature babies at greater of risk of osteoporosis in adulthood
- Government to crack down on savings scams as PM Modi backs banking for all
- Is your SOUL mature enough? Find out here