Lucknow Girl commits suicide due to poor English
Lucknow: Apparently depressed over poor
knowledge of English, an engineering student today allegedly
committed suicide by jumping off the fourth floor of her
Poonam (20), a first year BTech student of Azad Institute
of Engineering and Technology here in Sarojini Nagar area,
took the extreme step this afternoon.
Police said the girl was apparently depressed due to poor
knowledge of English.
Meanwhile, LJP president and former Union minister
Ramvilas Paswan said he would take up with the Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh and Union Home minister P Chidambaram seeking
directions to the state government to recover the boy safe.
"I will take up the issue of kidnapping with PM and
Chidambaram saheb for a direction to the state government for
recovery of the boy," Paswan said after meeting the family
members of the boy.
He expressed surprise over recurrence of cases of
kidnapping in the state capital where all top authorities are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites