Lucknow Girl commits suicide due to poor English
Lucknow: Apparently depressed over poor
knowledge of English, an engineering student today allegedly
committed suicide by jumping off the fourth floor of her
Poonam (20), a first year BTech student of Azad Institute
of Engineering and Technology here in Sarojini Nagar area,
took the extreme step this afternoon.
Police said the girl was apparently depressed due to poor
knowledge of English.
Meanwhile, LJP president and former Union minister
Ramvilas Paswan said he would take up with the Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh and Union Home minister P Chidambaram seeking
directions to the state government to recover the boy safe.
"I will take up the issue of kidnapping with PM and
Chidambaram saheb for a direction to the state government for
recovery of the boy," Paswan said after meeting the family
members of the boy.
He expressed surprise over recurrence of cases of
kidnapping in the state capital where all top authorities are
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Kevin Magnussen taken to hospital for checks after crash at Belgian Grand Prix
- Study Constitution well, understand democratic process: President to law students
- Belgian Grand Prix: Nico Rosberg cruises to victory at Spa, Lewis Hamilton third
- 60 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan battle
- Myanmar President visits Taj Mahal