Lucknow girl gets bizarre death threat
Lucknow: A Lucknow girl student has received an anonymous threat that she will be killed on June 12 -- the same day last year when her businessman father was riddled with bullets.
Deputy Inspector General of Police Ashuthosh Pandey has ordered the cyber cell to investigate the case on priority.
According to the girl`s family, she got an email two days ago with her photograph crossed out in black and with a warning that she would die on June 12.
The desperate girl met senior police officials late on Tuesday.
The family said that the threat assumes seriousness as the girl`s father was murdered on the same date last year.
The killers are yet to be caught. The family fears the mail may have come from the same killer or killers.
The girl resides on Kabeer Road at Hussainganj. Her cousin brother, who lives near Sikanderbagh, has also received a similar threatening mail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why