Lucknow girl raped by father, brother for 10 years; UP CM takes action
Lucknow: A young woman on Wednesday stunned people at the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister`s official residence here when she alleged that her father and brother had been sexually abusing her for the last 10 years, officials said.
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav was on Wednesday present at the "Janta Darshan", a weekly event at his official residence, 5, Kalidas Marg. The event is an occasion for the Chief Minister to interact with the general public.
Usually, however, other ministers and officials preside over the meet in his absence.
A beautician by trade and a resident of Krishnanagar in the state capital, the woman went to the "Janta Darshan" pleading that she be saved from abuse by her father and brother.
As officials gave her a patient hearing and called senior district police officials to take action against the accused, the girl broke down and narrated harrowing tales of abuse, as her father and brother forced her to have sex with them. Her mother allowed the two men a free run, officials said.
The woman told police officials that her mother even forced her to have an abortion.
On instructions from the Chief Minister`s Office, a joint team of officials from the Krishnanagar police station and the women`s police station went to the girl`s house and arrested the accused. The woman was sent for a medical examination.
The woman told the police subsequently that her father, now a retired railway employee, along with her brother, had been sexually abusing her since she was 14. Her brother works at a garment outlet at a city mall.
Station Officer of the `Mahila Thana` (women`s police station) Shiva Shukla told a news agency that the woman was not allowed to leave the house much. When she joined a beautician`s course, she narrated her trauma to colleagues, who guided her to the Chief Minister`s "Janta Darshan".
"We have arrested the accused and will proceed as per the law," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi addresses public meeting in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US