Lucknow rape case: PIL filed seeking CBI probe
Lucknow: A PIL was filed in the Allahabad High Court seeking a CBI probe into the July 16 murder of a woman in Mohanlalganj area here.
The PIL, filed by People`s Forum in the bench here, is likely to come up for hearing on July 28.
According to convener of People`s Forum Nutan Thakur, Lucknow Police is not working on the case in a convincing manner and even the family members of the deceased were not satisfied with the probe.
The PIL also seeks appointment of grievance officers as prescribed by Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 so that incidents like wide circulation of naked photographs of the victim could be controlled, Thakur said.
It also seeks appropriate training and skill development for Uttar Pradesh Police personnels to deal appropriately with sexual offences, besides installation of CCTV cameras and appropriate infrastructural arrangements in all post-mortem houses, she added.
The victim`s family members had also demanded a CBI probe into the case by writing a letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and DGP A L Banerjee.
The 35-year-old woman from Deoria district was brutally murdered on the night of July 16 after she resisted a rape bid. Guard of a private security firm, Ram Sewak Yadav (38), was arrested for the crime on July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: Is Sanskrit language losing its importance in India?
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them