Lucknow rape case: UP government orders probe
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has ordered a probe into the horrific murder and alleged gang-rape of the 32-year-old woman in Lucknow, as per news reports on Wednesday.
The probe into the gruesome incident has been ordered after the family of the victim disagreed with the police report which stated that the victim was killed single-handedly by the SGPGI security guard, Ram Sewak Yadav.
The brutal murder came to light when the body of the woman was found in the Mohanlalganj area of the state capital on July 17 by a watchman.
While the police initially said that more than one person seems to be involved in the case, it later said that only the security guard committed the crime.
They said that the victim was killed by the security guard after a failed rape attempt.
The UP government drew severe criticism as the incident took place in an area where security arrangements had been made in view of the visit of former US President Bill Clinton.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Cameron tells EU free movement reform `key` to post-Brexit ties: UK govt source
- Shocking! Teenage girl gang-raped inside Delhi school by friend, security guard
- Soon, education till Class 10 may become free
- US, European stocks rise, ending Brexit rout
- Italy, Netherlands offer to share UN council seat