Lucknow rape case: UP government orders probe
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has ordered a probe into the horrific murder and alleged gang-rape of the 32-year-old woman in Lucknow, as per news reports on Wednesday.
The probe into the gruesome incident has been ordered after the family of the victim disagreed with the police report which stated that the victim was killed single-handedly by the SGPGI security guard, Ram Sewak Yadav.
The brutal murder came to light when the body of the woman was found in the Mohanlalganj area of the state capital on July 17 by a watchman.
While the police initially said that more than one person seems to be involved in the case, it later said that only the security guard committed the crime.
They said that the victim was killed by the security guard after a failed rape attempt.
The UP government drew severe criticism as the incident took place in an area where security arrangements had been made in view of the visit of former US President Bill Clinton.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed