Lucknow rape, murder case: Key accused detained by UP police
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh police has detained the key accused, who was working as a security guard working at the SGPGI, for the horrific rape and murder of the 32 year-old woman in Mohanlalganj area of the state, as per news reports on Sunday.
Both the key accused and the victim were employed in Sanjay Gandhi Post-graduate Medical Institute (SGPGI) and knew each other.
The victim reportedly worked as the lab assistant in the premier institute. A mother of two children, her husband died few years earlier after prolonged illness, news reports stated.
The brutal crime took place last week when the victim left with the accused and her badly mutilated body was later found in the outskirts of the state capital.
Her body bore injury marks including stab wounds and and a blunt object was also inserted into her. The post-mortem report reportedly confirmed her cause of death as hemorrhage.
The horrific crime took place even as the area was under tight security and few km away from the venue visited by former US president Bill Clinton.
A station house officer and another policemen was suspended by the state government shortly after the incident.
Meanwhile, ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav stirred controversy after he said that the state government cannot check “every crime in the state.”
"The population of Uttar Pradesh is 21 crore. The least number of rapes take place in Uttar Pradesh. Every crime cannot be checked in the state. The police take action against the criminals if such cases take place," he said.
Senior SP leader Naresh Yadav had also said that the issue was being blown out of proportion by media.
"I do not know why the media loves UP so much. We can also say such an incident has taken place in Bangalore, Rajasthan and New Delhi...law and order is very good in UP," he reportedly told television channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH