Lucknow rape, murder case: Key accused detained by UP police
Zee Media Bureau
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh police has detained the key accused, who was working as a security guard working at the SGPGI, for the horrific rape and murder of the 32 year-old woman in Mohanlalganj area of the state, as per news reports on Sunday.
Both the key accused and the victim were employed in Sanjay Gandhi Post-graduate Medical Institute (SGPGI) and knew each other.
The victim reportedly worked as the lab assistant in the premier institute. A mother of two children, her husband died few years earlier after prolonged illness, news reports stated.
The brutal crime took place last week when the victim left with the accused and her badly mutilated body was later found in the outskirts of the state capital.
Her body bore injury marks including stab wounds and and a blunt object was also inserted into her. The post-mortem report reportedly confirmed her cause of death as hemorrhage.
The horrific crime took place even as the area was under tight security and few km away from the venue visited by former US president Bill Clinton.
A station house officer and another policemen was suspended by the state government shortly after the incident.
Meanwhile, ruling Samajwadi Party (SP) chief Mulayam Singh Yadav stirred controversy after he said that the state government cannot check “every crime in the state.”
"The population of Uttar Pradesh is 21 crore. The least number of rapes take place in Uttar Pradesh. Every crime cannot be checked in the state. The police take action against the criminals if such cases take place," he said.
Senior SP leader Naresh Yadav had also said that the issue was being blown out of proportion by media.
"I do not know why the media loves UP so much. We can also say such an incident has taken place in Bangalore, Rajasthan and New Delhi...law and order is very good in UP," he reportedly told television channels.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- British tourist masturbated at in Mumbai; Indian men apologise
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now