Lucknow rape: Victim`s kids join family dharna for CBI probe
Lucknow: Children of a 35-year-old widow, who was found brutally murdered in Mohanlalganj area on Friday joined a dharna that her family has been holding at GPO Crossing here for the past three days to demand a CBI probe in the case.
"We are sitting on a dharna with two children of my daughter and other relatives at GPO Crossing. We will continue to press for CBI investigation. The government has not yet recommended a CBI probe into the incident and we are waiting for it," the victim`s father told PTI today.
"I have sent a registered letter to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav and DGP A L Banerjee demanding a CBI probe," brother-in-law of the victim said.
The family has been sitting on a relay dharna since July 22. The woman`s six-year-old son and 13-year-old daughter joined them today.
The relatives claim that they wrote a letter to the DGP and Chief Minister for CBI probe on July 22 and allege that the police are trying to hush-up the case.
Secretary (Home) Kamal Saxena, however, said yesterday that the government had not yet received any request from the family regarding a CBI probe.
The woman from Deoria district was murdered on the night of July 16 after she resisted rape bid, according to police.
Guard of a private security firm, Ram Sewak Yadav (38), was arrested for the crime on July 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read