Lucknow shivers as mercury dips below 10 degrees
Lucknow: This year, the cold wave appears to have set in earlier than usual, weathermen said Monday, as winds swept Uttar Pradesh, bringing the temperature to below 10 degrees Celsius in the state capital.
There are `pachua` winds that blow from the west sweeping the state, as also winds from the neighbouring hills of Uttarakhand.
Met department officials told IANS that it was the first time that the mercury has dipped below 10 degrees Celsius in the month of November.
Sunday night, the temperature recorded was 9.6 degrees.
Even though night temperatures have stayed at about 11 degrees Celsius since the beginning of November, weathermen said that they had not expected the cold wave to set in so early.
Weathermen predict that even though days would be sunny and warm, nights will be colder in coming days.
The day temperatures have been recorded at about 28 degrees Celsius, a few notches above normal for this time of year.
Last month, the state capital witnessed temperatures that were the highest in six years for October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani