Lucknow shivers as mercury dips below 10 degrees
Lucknow: This year, the cold wave appears to have set in earlier than usual, weathermen said Monday, as winds swept Uttar Pradesh, bringing the temperature to below 10 degrees Celsius in the state capital.
There are `pachua` winds that blow from the west sweeping the state, as also winds from the neighbouring hills of Uttarakhand.
Met department officials told IANS that it was the first time that the mercury has dipped below 10 degrees Celsius in the month of November.
Sunday night, the temperature recorded was 9.6 degrees.
Even though night temperatures have stayed at about 11 degrees Celsius since the beginning of November, weathermen said that they had not expected the cold wave to set in so early.
Weathermen predict that even though days would be sunny and warm, nights will be colder in coming days.
The day temperatures have been recorded at about 28 degrees Celsius, a few notches above normal for this time of year.
Last month, the state capital witnessed temperatures that were the highest in six years for October.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Vital facts about Kangana Ranaut's leaked image suppressed: Hrithik Roshan's camp
- Sunita Williams, team to ensure safe cargo flights to ISS
- West Bengal polls: Bhawanipur to witness star-studded electoral battle
- Grenade attack on police post in J&K's Anantnag, security tightened
- World Immunisation Week: Narendra Modi government proactive, Mission Indradhanush good initiative - Praises from Gavi CEO