Lucknow students barred from cinema halls
Lucknow: Students in Lucknow were on Saturday barred
from entering malls, cinema halls, restaurants and parks
during school and college hours in the next two months by
district authorities citing heightened possibility of
eve-teasing, crime and suicide.
On May 4, an engineering college student allegedly
committed suicide by jumping from the fourth floor of a mall in
the state capital.
Lucknow District Magistrate Anil Kumar Sagar in his order
said that it has been seen recently that school children have
been visiting malls, cinema halls and parks in school uniforms
during school hours and this has increased the chances of eve
teasing, crime and cases of suicides.
In view of these problems, the entry of children in
school uniforms during school timings has been banned in all
such places, the DM said adding there would also be a ban on
students moving out of schools and colleges during class
The DM warned all those defying these orders would be
punished under section 188 of the IPC and the orders would
continue to be in force for the next two months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!