Lucknow widow murder: Officer challenges questions on probe
Lucknow: A senior police officer involved in the Mohanlalganj widow murder case probe has challenged questions being raised on the police theory by family members and opposition parties, saying he would never take up any other probe if investigations failed test of trial.
"I will never take up any other investigation if Mohanlalganj crime investigation fails the test of trial," Deputy Inspector General (DIG), Lucknow range, Navneit Sikera said on his Facebook page.
After the arrest of the accused Ram Sewak Yadav, family members of the woman and opposition parties including BJP, Congress and BSP had demanded a CBI probe into the incident.
The brother-in-law of the woman had said that the police were not probing the role of Yadav`s boss "one Rajiv" in the investigation despite being named by the woman`s daughter.
The 35-year-old widow who was brutally murdered on January 16 night after she resisted an alleged rape bid hailed form Deoria district and her father had reached his native village here with her two children - a daughter and a son.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!