Lucky escape for 25 kids in school bus accident
Agra: Twenty-five children travelling in a school bus had a miraculous escape early Saturday when their vehicle overturned after being hit by a speeding car on Fatehpur Sikri Road in Agra, police said.
Some students suffered minor injuries and a couple in the car was seriously hurt.
The accident took place at Patholi on the Fatehpur Sikri Road around 7 a.m. when the students were going to school in the bus.
The couple in the car was from Kolkata. The two were going to Fatehpur Sikri monument, 40 km from Agra.
Police said the bus overturned after the driver tried to avoid a head-on collision with the car and lost control. The car was badly damaged.
Soon after the accident, villagers rushed to the spot and rescued the trapped children.
They were sent home after first aid.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video