Madhusudan Mistry to take stock of Congress in UP
Lucknow: Congress general secretary Madhusudan Mistry arrived here on Friday to take stock of the party organisation in electorally-crucial Uttar Pradesh, party sources said.
This is Mistry`s maiden visit to UP after taking over as in-charge of Congress party`s state unit.
The former MP from Sabarkantha in Gujarat is scheduled to meet party office-bearers. He will also have a closed door meeting with the Congress legislators in the evening, party sources said.
They said that Mistry was visiting the state to feel the pulse of the party workers and take stock of the organisation. He will interact with party`s zonal functionaries to get feedback on the political situation in the state.
Mistry, who replaced Digvijay Singh as party in-charge some time back and is said to have the complete backing of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi to overhaul the party structure, is also likely to spell out the Congress`s priorities for the forthcoming Lok Sabha polls.
Three national secretaries of the Congress - Rana Goswami, Prakash Joshi and Zubair Khan - will also be accompanying Mistry during his visit to the Uttar Pradesh capital Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday