Magisterial inquiry begins in micro-light aircraft accident
Meerut: A magisterial inquiry was on Sunday initiated into the Partapur airstrip accident in which a Delhi-based businessman was killed after being hit by a two-seater micro-light private plane when he came close to the aircraft at the runway while it was landing.
Following the orders of district administration, City Magistrate today started the probe into the incident, SP City Omprakash said today.
The pilot, Anil Gupta, was arrested late last night and later released on bail.
The businessman, Yogesh Garg, was clicking pictures of the private plane he owned when he was hit by one of its wings yesterday morning at the Partapur airstrip on the outskirts of the city.
Yogesh, who ran a consultancy company at New Delhi, died on the spot.
The pilot and his colleague Purvi escaped unhurt in the accident.
"Though the pilot has the license for flying, the probe team is trying to collect further details from Directorate General of Civil Aviation office. Any further action would be taken after the magisterial probe is over," Omprakash said.
Additional District Magistrate Neeraj Shukla had yesterday said that in the preliminary inquiry it was found that Pankh Aviation, which runs the flying club, was not allowed to use the airstrip.
However, the company had claimed that it was giving flying training for the last three to four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried