Magisterial inquiry begins in micro-light aircraft accident
Meerut: A magisterial inquiry was on Sunday initiated into the Partapur airstrip accident in which a Delhi-based businessman was killed after being hit by a two-seater micro-light private plane when he came close to the aircraft at the runway while it was landing.
Following the orders of district administration, City Magistrate today started the probe into the incident, SP City Omprakash said today.
The pilot, Anil Gupta, was arrested late last night and later released on bail.
The businessman, Yogesh Garg, was clicking pictures of the private plane he owned when he was hit by one of its wings yesterday morning at the Partapur airstrip on the outskirts of the city.
Yogesh, who ran a consultancy company at New Delhi, died on the spot.
The pilot and his colleague Purvi escaped unhurt in the accident.
"Though the pilot has the license for flying, the probe team is trying to collect further details from Directorate General of Civil Aviation office. Any further action would be taken after the magisterial probe is over," Omprakash said.
Additional District Magistrate Neeraj Shukla had yesterday said that in the preliminary inquiry it was found that Pankh Aviation, which runs the flying club, was not allowed to use the airstrip.
However, the company had claimed that it was giving flying training for the last three to four months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video