Magisterial inquiry ordered in Bhatta Parsaul firing incident
Greater Noida: The district administration on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the Bhatta Parsaul
firing incident on May 7.
Additional District Magistrate Surindera Ram will conduct
the inquiry and submit the report within a fortnight.
Two farmers and as many jawans of Provincial Armed
Constabulary (PAC) were killed in clashes between police and
farmers who were agitating for higher compensation for their
agricultural land acquired by the state government.
During the fierce clashes, District Magistrate of Gautam
Buddha Nagar Deepak Agarwal sustained a bullet injury in his
leg, whereas Senior SP S N Singh received injuries from the
stones pelted by the protesters.
Meanwhile, normalcy was returning to the village which
became the epicentre of the farmers` stir with leaders of
various political parties making a beeline to champion the
cause of the local people apparently with an eye on the
Assembly elections early next year.
Official sources said prohibitory orders under section 144
CrPC were lifted yesterday from the village which is located
in a Delhi suburb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- The inside story of IC-814 hijacking
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown