Magisterial inquiry ordered in Bhatta Parsaul firing incident
Greater Noida: The district administration on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the Bhatta Parsaul
firing incident on May 7.
Additional District Magistrate Surindera Ram will conduct
the inquiry and submit the report within a fortnight.
Two farmers and as many jawans of Provincial Armed
Constabulary (PAC) were killed in clashes between police and
farmers who were agitating for higher compensation for their
agricultural land acquired by the state government.
During the fierce clashes, District Magistrate of Gautam
Buddha Nagar Deepak Agarwal sustained a bullet injury in his
leg, whereas Senior SP S N Singh received injuries from the
stones pelted by the protesters.
Meanwhile, normalcy was returning to the village which
became the epicentre of the farmers` stir with leaders of
various political parties making a beeline to champion the
cause of the local people apparently with an eye on the
Assembly elections early next year.
Official sources said prohibitory orders under section 144
CrPC were lifted yesterday from the village which is located
in a Delhi suburb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price