Magisterial inquiry ordered in Bhatta Parsaul firing incident
Greater Noida: The district administration on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the Bhatta Parsaul
firing incident on May 7.
Additional District Magistrate Surindera Ram will conduct
the inquiry and submit the report within a fortnight.
Two farmers and as many jawans of Provincial Armed
Constabulary (PAC) were killed in clashes between police and
farmers who were agitating for higher compensation for their
agricultural land acquired by the state government.
During the fierce clashes, District Magistrate of Gautam
Buddha Nagar Deepak Agarwal sustained a bullet injury in his
leg, whereas Senior SP S N Singh received injuries from the
stones pelted by the protesters.
Meanwhile, normalcy was returning to the village which
became the epicentre of the farmers` stir with leaders of
various political parties making a beeline to champion the
cause of the local people apparently with an eye on the
Assembly elections early next year.
Official sources said prohibitory orders under section 144
CrPC were lifted yesterday from the village which is located
in a Delhi suburb.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nirbhaya case: Convicts' lawyer challenges 'iron rod' theory, announces Rs 10 lakh reward for anyone who proves it
- Surprise! Bhagyashree looks amazingly hot in these latest PICS
- Here's how you can safely lose weight in one month without exercise!
- Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar blames Delhi's Arvind Kejriwal for Gurgaon jam – Know why
- Nobody is interested in killing anybody: Amarinder Singh on Kejriwal's 'PM Modi can get me killed' remark