Magisterial probe ordered into Faizabad violence
Faizabad: The district administration on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the communal violence that broke out in the district on October 24 during immersion of idols of Goddess Durga.
Additional District Magistrate JP Tiwari will conduct the enquiry into the incidents of violence and arson that forced the administration to clamp curfew in the affected areas, District Magistrate Deepak Agrawal said.
The police have also arrested a former chairman of Bhadarsa town area for his alleged involvement in provoking violence, SP (City) SS Baghel said.
Meanwhile, the district administration today disbursed interim compensation of Rs 41 Lakh to 99 victims of violence who lost their shops and business establishment in the violence and arson.
The relief was provided after the administration finished its work of accessing the damages, according to which the total value of loss has reached up to Rs 7 crore, a statement issued by DM office said.
A large number of shops were gutted in communal violence that broke out during a procession carrying idol of Goddess Durga for immersion.
The situation had prompted the administration to put curfew in force in the affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow