Magisterial probe ordered into Faizabad violence
Faizabad: The district administration on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the communal violence that broke out in the district on October 24 during immersion of idols of Goddess Durga.
Additional District Magistrate JP Tiwari will conduct the enquiry into the incidents of violence and arson that forced the administration to clamp curfew in the affected areas, District Magistrate Deepak Agrawal said.
The police have also arrested a former chairman of Bhadarsa town area for his alleged involvement in provoking violence, SP (City) SS Baghel said.
Meanwhile, the district administration today disbursed interim compensation of Rs 41 Lakh to 99 victims of violence who lost their shops and business establishment in the violence and arson.
The relief was provided after the administration finished its work of accessing the damages, according to which the total value of loss has reached up to Rs 7 crore, a statement issued by DM office said.
A large number of shops were gutted in communal violence that broke out during a procession carrying idol of Goddess Durga for immersion.
The situation had prompted the administration to put curfew in force in the affected areas.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?