Magisterial probe ordered into Faizabad violence
Faizabad: The district administration on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the communal violence that broke out in the district on October 24 during immersion of idols of Goddess Durga.
Additional District Magistrate JP Tiwari will conduct the enquiry into the incidents of violence and arson that forced the administration to clamp curfew in the affected areas, District Magistrate Deepak Agrawal said.
The police have also arrested a former chairman of Bhadarsa town area for his alleged involvement in provoking violence, SP (City) SS Baghel said.
Meanwhile, the district administration today disbursed interim compensation of Rs 41 Lakh to 99 victims of violence who lost their shops and business establishment in the violence and arson.
The relief was provided after the administration finished its work of accessing the damages, according to which the total value of loss has reached up to Rs 7 crore, a statement issued by DM office said.
A large number of shops were gutted in communal violence that broke out during a procession carrying idol of Goddess Durga for immersion.
The situation had prompted the administration to put curfew in force in the affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'