Magisterial probe ordered into Faizabad violence
Faizabad: The district administration on Wednesday ordered a magisterial inquiry into the communal violence that broke out in the district on October 24 during immersion of idols of Goddess Durga.
Additional District Magistrate JP Tiwari will conduct the enquiry into the incidents of violence and arson that forced the administration to clamp curfew in the affected areas, District Magistrate Deepak Agrawal said.
The police have also arrested a former chairman of Bhadarsa town area for his alleged involvement in provoking violence, SP (City) SS Baghel said.
Meanwhile, the district administration today disbursed interim compensation of Rs 41 Lakh to 99 victims of violence who lost their shops and business establishment in the violence and arson.
The relief was provided after the administration finished its work of accessing the damages, according to which the total value of loss has reached up to Rs 7 crore, a statement issued by DM office said.
A large number of shops were gutted in communal violence that broke out during a procession carrying idol of Goddess Durga for immersion.
The situation had prompted the administration to put curfew in force in the affected areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH