Magistrate booked for assaulting railway employee in Lucknow
Lucknow: A sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) in Uttar Pradesh was booked Thursday for assaulting a level-crossing gateman who did not let him cross the tracks while a train was approaching, an official said.
Shyam Charan, posted in Kunda town of Pratapgarh district, has been accused of assaulting gateman Ramesh Chandra Meena Tuesday at Mawai railway crossing under the jurisdiction of Railway Protection Force (RPF), Unchahar (Rae Bareli).
"The SDM has been booked under the Railways Act section 145 (committing nuisance, indecency or using abusive language or interfering with any amenity provided by the railway administration) and section 146 (obstructing railway servant in his duties)," RPF inspector R.C. Joshi told reporters Thursday in Unchahar, some 90 km from Lucknow.
"The case against the SDM has been registered on the basis of a preliminary enquiry conducted by us," he added.
Another enquiry into the incident has been ordered by the Pratapgarh district magistrate. "Let the enquiry be completed. Necessary action would be taken accordingly," District Magistrate CS Verma told reporters Wednesday.
Meena told reporters: "Hurling abuses at me, the SDM directed me to open the gate...I replied that opening the gate would amount to violation of safety norms and that he should wait till the Kanpur-Allahabad passenger train passes by."
"Later, the SDM got down from his car and slapped me. He then dragged me by my collar and directed me to open the gate. When I refused again, he started punching and kicking me and I fell on the ground," Meena said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark