Magistrate sends 7 cases against riot accused to sessions court
Muzaffarnagar: The Chief Judicial Magistrate has committed to the sessions court for trial seven cases against a riot accused.
CJM Narender Kumar Wednesday sent the seven cases including that of gang-rape against riot accused Roki to the Sessions court.
The Sessions Court has fixed August 20 for framing of charges against the accused in seven cases here.
According to the prosecution, a riot victim was gang-raped by six persons, including Roki, who was later arrested.
The police had arrested Roki on March 25 in connection with six riot cases, including gang-rape, during the riots.
Police has registered seven riot cases including gang-rape, loot, burning, rioting and murder against Roki.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the Muzaffarnagar riots has filed a chargesheet against the arrested accused Roki separately in court.
The seven cases would be heard against Roki separately in court.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks