Magistrate sends 7 cases against riot accused to sessions court
Muzaffarnagar: The Chief Judicial Magistrate has committed to the sessions court for trial seven cases against a riot accused.
CJM Narender Kumar Wednesday sent the seven cases including that of gang-rape against riot accused Roki to the Sessions court.
The Sessions Court has fixed August 20 for framing of charges against the accused in seven cases here.
According to the prosecution, a riot victim was gang-raped by six persons, including Roki, who was later arrested.
The police had arrested Roki on March 25 in connection with six riot cases, including gang-rape, during the riots.
Police has registered seven riot cases including gang-rape, loot, burning, rioting and murder against Roki.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the Muzaffarnagar riots has filed a chargesheet against the arrested accused Roki separately in court.
The seven cases would be heard against Roki separately in court.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?