Magistrate sends 7 cases against riot accused to sessions court
Muzaffarnagar: The Chief Judicial Magistrate has committed to the sessions court for trial seven cases against a riot accused.
CJM Narender Kumar Wednesday sent the seven cases including that of gang-rape against riot accused Roki to the Sessions court.
The Sessions Court has fixed August 20 for framing of charges against the accused in seven cases here.
According to the prosecution, a riot victim was gang-raped by six persons, including Roki, who was later arrested.
The police had arrested Roki on March 25 in connection with six riot cases, including gang-rape, during the riots.
Police has registered seven riot cases including gang-rape, loot, burning, rioting and murder against Roki.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the Muzaffarnagar riots has filed a chargesheet against the arrested accused Roki separately in court.
The seven cases would be heard against Roki separately in court.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed