Magistrate sends 7 cases against riot accused to sessions court
Muzaffarnagar: The Chief Judicial Magistrate has committed to the sessions court for trial seven cases against a riot accused.
CJM Narender Kumar Wednesday sent the seven cases including that of gang-rape against riot accused Roki to the Sessions court.
The Sessions Court has fixed August 20 for framing of charges against the accused in seven cases here.
According to the prosecution, a riot victim was gang-raped by six persons, including Roki, who was later arrested.
The police had arrested Roki on March 25 in connection with six riot cases, including gang-rape, during the riots.
Police has registered seven riot cases including gang-rape, loot, burning, rioting and murder against Roki.
The Special Investigation Team (SIT), probing the Muzaffarnagar riots has filed a chargesheet against the arrested accused Roki separately in court.
The seven cases would be heard against Roki separately in court.
More than 60 persons were killed and over 40,000 displaced in communal violence that broke out in Muzaffarnagar and adjoining areas in September last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'