Maid`s death: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh denied bail
New Delhi: A court here Saturday dismissed the bail application of Bahujan Samaj Party parliamentarian Dhananjay Singh, accused of causing the death of his maid following alleged torture by him and his wife Jagriti Singh.
Dismissing the application, Additional Sessions Judge Lokesh Kumar Sharma said the position of victims in the case is weaker as compared to accused and intimidation of witnesses cannot be ruled out.
Police has filed a supplementary chargesheet against BSP MP and his wife in the case.
Dhananjay Singh, the sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh`s Jaunpur, was chargesheeted Feb 1 along with his wife Jagriti for various offences, including allegedly destroying evidence and abetting the offence of murder and attempt to murder.
The court has fixed March 21 to commence arguments in the case. Earlier, Additional Sessions Judge Lokesh Kumar Sharma had fixed hearing Feb 22.
Dhananjay Singh and Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon in a government hospital here, were arrested in November 2013 and are in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow