Maid`s death: BSP MP Dhananjay Singh denied bail
New Delhi: A court here Saturday dismissed the bail application of Bahujan Samaj Party parliamentarian Dhananjay Singh, accused of causing the death of his maid following alleged torture by him and his wife Jagriti Singh.
Dismissing the application, Additional Sessions Judge Lokesh Kumar Sharma said the position of victims in the case is weaker as compared to accused and intimidation of witnesses cannot be ruled out.
Police has filed a supplementary chargesheet against BSP MP and his wife in the case.
Dhananjay Singh, the sitting MP from Uttar Pradesh`s Jaunpur, was chargesheeted Feb 1 along with his wife Jagriti for various offences, including allegedly destroying evidence and abetting the offence of murder and attempt to murder.
The court has fixed March 21 to commence arguments in the case. Earlier, Additional Sessions Judge Lokesh Kumar Sharma had fixed hearing Feb 22.
Dhananjay Singh and Jagriti Singh, a dental surgeon in a government hospital here, were arrested in November 2013 and are in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends