Main accused in attack on UP minister nabbed
Mumbai/Lucknow: The main accused in the
attack on Uttar Pradesh Minister Nand Gopal Gupta alias Nandi
in Allahabad nearly three months ago was arrested in sub-urban
Santacruz in Mumbai on Tuesday.
Anand Sandalia alias Rajesh Pilot, who carried a
reward of Rs 2.5 lakh, was nabbed outside domestic airport`s
arrival gate, Mumbai Joint Police Commissioner(Crime) Himanshu
Roy told PTI.
Thirtyeight-year-old Pilot was arrestd by Maharashtra
Police`s Anti-Extortion Cell and the Special Task Force of the
Uttar Pradesh Police, he said
Confirming his arrest, UP IGP (Crime) G P Sharma
told reporters in Lukcnow that Rajesh Pilot would be brought
to Allahabad on transit remand.
The STF obtained the transit remand of Pilot who was
produced before a court here, Roy said.
Pilot allegedly triggered a bomb blast near the house
of Nandi in Allahabad on July 12 in which the Cabinet Minister
was wounded and two, including a journalist, were killed.
"He is also wanted in several cases including murder,
attempt to murder, dacoity and robbery in UP and MP. He had
looted several banks in these two states," Roy said.
Pilot was absconding after the July attack and the
Uttar Pradesh government had announced a reward for his
- DNA: Development in India is non-existent when people are dying of thirst and hunger
- DNA: Millions of tonnes of grains in warehouses go to waste while people die of hunger
- DNA: Analysis of how issues of importance are given no leverage in Parliament
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease
- DNA: Mobile phone addiction takes on a new level; spreads like a disease - PartII
- European Central Bank scraps 500-euro note
- AgustaWestland probe will focus on names in Italy court judgement, says Manohar Parrikar
- Goa MLA Atanasio Monserrate booked for raping minor
- Kasich dropping out of US presidential race: Report
- Indian woman wins gender discrimination case against Wipro in Britain