Main accused in Muzaffarnagar acid attack arrested
Muzaffarnagar: The main accused in the Muzaffarnagar acid attack case, in which four sisters were severely injured, has been arrested, police said on Monday.
Ayyub Kureshi, who allegedly threw acid on the sisters, was arrested here yesterday and the motorcycle used by him in the attack was also seized, DIG DC Mishra told reporters.
"The main accused, Ayyub Kureshi confessed his crime and accepted that he was hired for throwing acid on them by the brother-in-law of the victims. After receiving an amount of Rs 40,000 from him, Ayyub threw acid on the four women and fled," he said.
However, another accused is still absconding, he said.
Babar Jang, the brother-in-law of the victims along with another person Javed was arrested from Kandhla town ten days after the incident took place. During interrogation, they disclosed that they had hired two persons for the purpose, police said.
The sisters, all teachers, -- Kamerjahan (26), Ayisha (25), Isha (23) and Sanam (20) -- were attacked on April 02 when they were returning from a local college after board examination duty.
Isha, who was shifted to Sir Ganga Ram Hospital in New Delhi with a badly damaged eye, was discharged on April 12 after a successful surgery which reclaimed her vision.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof