Mainpuri: Man jailed for murder attempt on stepson
Mainpuri: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years of rigorous imprisonment and imposed Rs 2,000 as fine on charges of attempt to murder his stepson, prosecution sources said on Thursday.
Shauk Singh along with his sons Satish and Avanish allegedly opened fire on his stepson Chotey Singh in which the stepson suffered critical injuries in September 2001, additional district government counsel Sarveer Singh Yadav said.
Following the incident, an FIR was registered against his step father Sauk Singh and step brothers Satish and Avanish by Chotey Singh at the Karhal police station, Yadav said.
Shauk Singh was found guilty of attempt to murder by the additional district and sessions judge Chandra Pal Singh on the basis of the evidence produced in the court, Yadav said, adding, Satish and Avanish died during the pendency of the trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Virat Kohli: Amid break-up rumors, cricketer spends time with most beautiful woman
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police