Mainpuri: Man jailed for murder attempt on stepson
Mainpuri: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years of rigorous imprisonment and imposed Rs 2,000 as fine on charges of attempt to murder his stepson, prosecution sources said on Thursday.
Shauk Singh along with his sons Satish and Avanish allegedly opened fire on his stepson Chotey Singh in which the stepson suffered critical injuries in September 2001, additional district government counsel Sarveer Singh Yadav said.
Following the incident, an FIR was registered against his step father Sauk Singh and step brothers Satish and Avanish by Chotey Singh at the Karhal police station, Yadav said.
Shauk Singh was found guilty of attempt to murder by the additional district and sessions judge Chandra Pal Singh on the basis of the evidence produced in the court, Yadav said, adding, Satish and Avanish died during the pendency of the trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Kamal Haasan urges agitators to stay calm, says `none can take away your rights`
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS