Mainpuri: Man jailed for murder attempt on stepson
Mainpuri: A local court has sentenced a man to seven years of rigorous imprisonment and imposed Rs 2,000 as fine on charges of attempt to murder his stepson, prosecution sources said on Thursday.
Shauk Singh along with his sons Satish and Avanish allegedly opened fire on his stepson Chotey Singh in which the stepson suffered critical injuries in September 2001, additional district government counsel Sarveer Singh Yadav said.
Following the incident, an FIR was registered against his step father Sauk Singh and step brothers Satish and Avanish by Chotey Singh at the Karhal police station, Yadav said.
Shauk Singh was found guilty of attempt to murder by the additional district and sessions judge Chandra Pal Singh on the basis of the evidence produced in the court, Yadav said, adding, Satish and Avanish died during the pendency of the trial.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?